Apply Now

Campus Life

Q:How much for living expenses per month does a person need for studying in Beijing?

A:Specific expenses will depend on the spending of the person. However, generally speaking, RMB1700 per month per international student is for minimum standard of living in Beijing (including meal fee and basic daily expenses) except for tuition and accommodation.

Q:How about the accommodation? What room type to be selected?

A:International students could live in student’s apartments on campus of Beijing Film Academy, which comprise two room types: single room and double room with charging standard of RMB110/day/bed and RMB75/day/bed respectively. Due to small quantity of single room, it’s only available for doctoral candidate.

Q:Could international students live outside?

A:International students can live outside and please ask renting agent for specific house rental information. Please pay attention to the legitimacy and security of the apartment you rent. And remember to do lodging registration in local police station.

Q:What is international student insurance? Is it a must for international students?

A:International student insurance is an insurance product of Ping An Insurance Company identified by the Ministry of Education of PRC. Beijing Film Academy asks all self-supporting international students to buy it in order to guarantee their safe and sound studying and living. Hence, it’s a must for international students.

Q:How many types for tuition to be collected?

A:There are three ways to pay tuition: 1. It’s paid with RMB cash. 2. It’s paid through bank transfer. Please be aware that it will produce some bank handling charge for transfer. What’s more, exchange rate always changes. Please make sure to transfer tuition more than or equal to the required amount. 3. It’s paid with Pay-Union card. Students should go to Financial Office of the Academy with Pay-Union card to pay for it. Please mind that tuition must be paid in a month since the day that term begins. Otherwise, the international student visa will be delayed. Beijing Film Academy can’t accept installment for tuition.

Q:Does Beijing Film Academy have pick-up service at the airport? How to arrive at Beijing Film Academy from Beijing Capital International Airport?

A:So far, Beijing Film Academy doesn’t have pick-up service at airport. Students could come to the Academy by taxi or airport express. It’s RMB25 for airport express to arrive at Xitucheng Station of Line 10. Please get out from exit C and go south for 500m to reach the Academy. It will take 60min or so to arrive by taxi with expense of RMB100-120. If you are in the traffic jam or other situations, it’ll take more time and cost.

Q:Is there any bank on campus of Beijing Film Academy?

A: There is no bank inside the Academy. The ATM of Agricultural Bank of China downstairs in the students’ dining hall will meet basic financial service of students. Bank of Beijing is only 200m away from the campus. You can find it in north of the gate of the Academy.

Q:How about the internet service inside the Academy?

A:For students living in international student’s apartment, you can ask apartment reception desk about internet access, access fees and student’s internet traffic calculation. The whole campus is covered with WiFi. International students could use the campus wireless network with their username and password of Campus Card. Internet access fee will be charged according to the used traffic.

Q:How does the entrance examination of Film Production English Undergraduate program go each year?

A:The entrance exam of the program focuses on interview. Applicants abroad must pass the on-line interview. Moreover, applicants must submit admission statement, personal films or TV works and English level certification. Please see statement on enrollment website.

Q:Is there any auxiliary class before examination owned by Beijing Film Academy?

A:Beijing Film Academy doesn’t have any kind of auxiliary class. At present, many auxiliary classes in the name of our Academy in society claim that they can promise to help you be admitted to some major and collect large amount of tuition. All international students with their parents must be cautious.

Q:When shall be OK to apply for class of Chinese language learning? Is there any entrance examination?

A:Students can apply for class of Chinese language learning any time in International School of Beijing Film Academy. They can join a class in the middle of the course. However, taking consideration of systematic learning, application in February or June is recommended. Thus, international students could select a class suiting their Chinese level. Chinese language class for further studies has no entrance exam. However, there will be a placement test for admission in order to help international students find a class suiting their language level.

Q:When shall be OK to apply for class for professional advanced study? Is there any entrance examination?

A:May to June each year is OK for international students to apply for class for professional advanced study. Some such classes (such as School of Performing Arts) will ask applicants to attend an interview to understand their Chinese level and professional quality. Professional advanced students will start their class in mid-September each year.

Q:What kind of Chinese level certification of international students is required for various majors?

A:Except for Film Production English Program, all majors require relevant Chinese level exam (HSK) certificate. Undergraduate applicants and general advanced students shall provide new HSK5 certificate. Post-graduate applicants and senior advanced students shall provide new HSK6 certificate.

Q:I was a Chinese and obtained a foreign nationality last year. Shall I apply for Beijing Film Academy as international student this year?

A:Based on relevant regulations of the Ministry of Education, applicant must keep a foreign passport or certificate of nationality for more than 4 years and have a record of living abroad for more than 2 years in last 4 years. Moreover, applicants from Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan are not international students.

Q:What kind of scholarship could I apply for when I study in Beijing Film Academy?

A:You are available to apply for Chinese Government Scholarship provided by China Scholarship Council (CSC). Please log on CSC website for detailed application process. Besides, some excellent admitted self-supporting international students will be awarded Beijing Municipal Overseas Students Scholarship to reduce or exempt tuition according to admission performance and admission proportion. The scholarship needs no application and will be paid with one-off payment when tuition is collected.

Q:How could I get the visa for studying in China?

A:Please take the visa application form for international student issued by Beijing Film Academy and your Letter of Admission to Chinese Embassies or Consulates to ask for X1 (study) visa. Please be reminded that you must register residence permit for study in 30 days after entering China according to requirements of International Student Office.

Q:What is residence permit for study?

A:It’s a kind of special visa for international students who stay in China for study for a long time (more than 6 months [included]).

Q:How shall I get residence permit for study?

A:Before you enter China, the visa application form for international student issued by Beijing Film Academy, the Letter of Admission, passport and a 2’’ photo (same size with passport photo) must be got ready. And teachers in International Student Office will help you apply for residence permit for study when you get to Beijing Film Academy.

Q:I am required to register on September 5. Shall I arrive in Beijing days before?

A:It’s available for you to arrive in Beijing in advance. However, please notice the validity of your visa. Otherwise, your application of residence permit will be affected. Usually, it’s recommended that you can come to Beijing 7 days before registration date. Too early arrival (more than 10 days before registration date) is not recommended. All the consequences arising from too early arrival, such as unavailable application of visa, shall be on international student’s own account.

Q:Shall I have part-time job or full-time work when I study in China?

A: According to relevant regulations, so far, international students are not allowed to work outside or participate in relevant profitable activities. You’ll be fined or even detained for illegal part-time job.