In June, 1956, the State Council approved the reorganization of Beijing Film School into Beijing Film Academy. Wang Lanxi was appointed as director of Film Management Bureau and President of Beijing Film Academy, ZHANG Min was appointed to be the first deputy-president. Zhong Jingzhi, Wu Yinxian and LU Meng were appointed to be the deputy-president. While, LU Meng also worked as the Party Secretary. After the foundation, the address of the academy was arranged to locate at Minor Xitian, Xinjiekou Outer Street.